The Guard Apprenticeship Program Initiative (GAPI) team is seeking an entry-level Program Analyst with a bachelor’s degree, an interest in project management, as well as technical skills and aptitude. In this position, you will provide day-to-day management of the GAPI website, manage program data and reports, develop and implement search engine optimization plans, and assist in the development of digital marketing campaigns to raise awareness of GAPI and help service members secure Registered Apprenticeships.
Registered apprenticeships offered through GAPI provide Service members with an opportunity to secure a job that combines on-the-job and related classroom instruction, leads to a national certification in a skilled trade or profession, and allows them to draw their GI-Bills benefits during training.
The Guard Apprenticeship Program Initiative (GAPI) team is tasked with educating and informing National Guardsmen and other key stakeholders, about the benefits of Registered Apprenticeship, and facilitating the connection of Guardsmen with apprenticeship opportunities in their area. To accomplish this, the GAPI teams works closely with national and regional employers as well as organizations such as the National Guard Bureau, Department of Labor, Department of Veterans Affairs, Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program, and Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, and Family Readiness Groups.
- Manage the Guard Apprenticeship Program Initiative (GAPI) website www.guardapprenticeship.info
- Identify any site enhancement requirements and work with a developer, as needed, to implement requirements
- Evaluate and develop site content based on changing stakeholder needs/requirements
- Ensure the site works in different browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) – including content presentation internal/external links, loading time
- Monitor and manage Google Analytics and send weekly/monthly audience report to Project Manager and Marketing and Communications Manager
- Implement and manage online user testing and provide recommendations for improvement based on feedback
Communications and Outreach
- Implement and manage Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plan as part of overall Marketing Campaign
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to implement overall Marketing Campaign
- Work with the National Guard Bureau and other national contacts to develop and push program related content down to stakeholders at the regional and state-level (information, training, resources)
- Work with regional and state-level stakeholders to pull information that the team can share at the national level via the program website
- Track federal and state legislation pertaining to military (includes jobs, training, apprenticeship, licensure, GI bill benefits) and identify how to leverage and integrate it into the GAPI communication strategy
- Update, organize, and share team data, metrics, documents, contacts, and reports
- Assemble weekly/monthly program reports using website and other program related data
- Assist the team’s Project Manager with other administrative duties as required