Halfaker has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator with broad knowledge of systems administration/analysis concepts, practices and procedures to join our talented, dynamic team and support the TSA’s Office of Information Technology (TSA-OIT). A successful candidate is competent to work on fairly complex assignments and perform a standard range of AIX/RHEL system administration activities. The Senior Systems Administrator generally works under deadlines and is capable of operating with only general supervision. Possess familiarity with varied administrator concepts, standard best business practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity is encouraged. Typically Reports to systems a Team Lead.
- Apply best practices where possible or engineer new best practices as appropriate.
- Analyze new and existing vendor software; install, maintain, and customize vendor software as required.
- Consult with end users to identify current operational procedures and clarify user objectives.
- Monitor system and application performance to detect errors; apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g., diagnostic software) and provide interpretation of data.
- Provide a root-cause analysis for recurring or critical problem
- Proficiency using personal computer and associated work station/computer-assisted tools, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to providing customer-focused quality service.