Halfaker has an immediate opportunity for a Unix Systems (Solaris) administrator with broad knowledge of Unix systems administration/analysis concepts, practices and procedures to join our talented, dynamic team and support the TSA Transportation Threat Assessment and Credentialing Operations and Computing Environment (TTAC). A successful candidate installs, configures, and maintains UNIX operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software. Detects, diagnoses, and reports UNIX related problems on servers. Possesses familiarity with varied technical concepts, standard best business practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks without supervision and limited guidance. Typically reports to a senior level manager. May supervise team personnel.
- Function as a Senior UNIX System administrator responsible for the security and management of Solaris servers in development, test and production environments.
- Plan, develop, test, and deploy application software, system software and security updates. Solve complex integration and technical problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Work with other Systems administrators, DBAs, and application developers to resolve issues.
- Provide advanced administration tasks on Solaris 10 and 11 servers including, but not limited to:
- Solaris Service management
- User maintenance
- Solaris Virtualization using Solaris Zones
- Storage management using ZFS and UFS
- Solaris patching (Firmware and Operating System),
- Server builds
- Hardware support on Sun Hardware
- Application and support utilizing JBOSS and Apache in an Oracle environment.