Halfaker has an immediate opportunity for a Contracts Acquisition Specialist with contracts closeout expertise to join our talented, dynamic team and support the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), by supporting the Contracts Management Office (CMO). The ideal candidate will fully understand how the agency negotiates, executes and administers contracts and modifications thereto for materials and services necessary to conduct DARPA programs and projects. The responsibilities include all contract closeout support required by the CMO and ensuring the successful execution of all assigned Statement of Work tasks. The Associate will provide reliable support with limited supervision and manages own schedule and performance with minimal guidance.
- Complete tasks required for contract closeout within the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) mandated timeframes
- Reconcile contracts and provide a valid contract balances at the detailed level.
- Perform closeout planning and devise strategies to verify contract completion
- Confirm all closeout actions and resolve any outstanding issues
- Perform outreach and liaison activities with internal Technical Offices and external entities in DoD, universities and research centers, and research and development companies
- Review contract files, compile and analyze information and document contract files
- Obtain all forms, reports and clearances such as final patent, royalties, and property clearances from various sources as applicable to closeout