Halfaker is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager/Writer to join our talented, dynamic team. The Senior Proposal Manager/Writer will provide technical writing and proposal management services, business opportunity and capture strategy support, business intelligence services, marketing strategies and product support, and to continually enhance proposal management systems and materials for a fast growing, dynamic, technology solutions firm. The Proposal Manager/Writer will be responsible for establishing efficient proposal systems and materials for the Company, including involving appropriate technical staff and other key personnel necessary to produce winning proposals, including managing all proposal activities (e.g., managing and responding to data calls), and providing proposal oversight and writing support. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with high energy, have strong organizational and writing skills, and have the ability to operate effectively in complex and fast-paced environments. In this role, the candidate is a strategist and tactician who can envision the final product in total, and control resources and processes to achieve that end state.
The Proposal Manager/writer will be responsible for leading and supporting multi-functional teams in implementing an effective proposal development process (e.g., establishing win strategies, designing innovative proposed approaches), and developing winning proposals for rebids and new competitive contracts and Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) Task Orders. This individual will create proposal structures that enable the firm to produce multiple proposals simultaneously, including competitive pursuits where Halfaker is the prime or subcontractor, large IDIQs or GWACs, IDIQ task orders, Requests for Information and Sources Sought responses, and unsolicited proposal efforts. The Proposal Manager will work closely with the CEO, and the responsible technical staff, to conduct an effective proposal development process.
- Serves as a member of the Business Development and Marketing Department with responsibility for managing and providing leadership on all proposal systems/efforts.
- Develops an overall plan for continually assessing and enhancing proposal systems and materials (e.g., reviewing and designing proposal materials, such as kick-off meeting agendas and standard questions; and/or meeting with technical staff to solicit their feedback on the proposal process).
- Creates or enhances systems for proposal coordinators’ use in tracking proposal progress, and continually monitors milestones/schedules, resources, and outputs.
- Provides oversight and management of proposals, including providing guidance and direction to technical staff and proposal coordinators.
- Analyzes Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and facilitates and/or participates in bid/no-bid discussions.
- Coordinates with Capture Managers to identify the required proposal team staffing and resource requirements (technical writers, graphic and layout artists, subject matter experts, subcontractors, and independent contractors).
- Facilitates the kick-off meeting (including developing kick-off meeting agendas/materials), and oversees the preparation of any follow-up materials/communications.
- Coordinates with the responsible technical staff, and the Business Development Associate, in adapting proposal procedures, developing proposal production guidelines, identifying existing proposal language for use/adaptation, developing a plan for conducting research/data collection, and developing proposal templates.
- Oversees the development of, and provides oversight for, proposal development schedules, outlines, management plans, data calls for subcontractors, storyboards and writing plans.
- Lead team working sessions including vision, solution, and messaging
- Works with Capture Managers to ensure that proposal text is produced on schedule and win strategies, themes, and discriminators are integrated into proposal responses.
- Supports proposals as a technical writer, including producing proposal section(s), and/or revising proposal text developed by other staff/consultants.
- Manages and engages key personnel in proposal review activities, including conducting color reviews, and engaging the appropriate staff in ensuring proposal compliance with RFP (including the editorial guidelines specified for the proposal), corporate, and legal requirements.
- Creates and oversees a proposal communication system, acting, as needed, as the single point of contact between the Business Development and Marketing staff, teaming partners, and the capture, operational, and production staff.
- Oversees, in conjunction with the Capture Manager and the Business Development Associate, the proposal production process (word processing, graphics, editing, proofreading, reproduction, printing, collation, and binding) in support of proposal activities.
- Creates a structure for maintaining a status record and master file on the share drive for all text and graphics; and for managing the file server environment during and after proposal development (for implementation by the Business Development Associate).
- Provides guidance and status reports on proposal and production matters to the Director of Business Development and Marketing and ensures that data calls, responses to sources sought and RFIs, proposals, and white papers are approved through the designated channels before submission.
- Supports the Capture Managers in participating in data call responses for bid activities where Halfaker is the subcontractor.
- Identifies proposal training opportunities, and develops training tools and provides training to Program Managers and other staff, as needed.