Halfaker has an immediate opportunity for a Watch Analyst to join our talented, dynamic team. The Watch Analyst will support Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Infrastructure Protection (OIP) and National Infrastructure Coordinating Center (NICC) by providing situational awareness and reporting to DHS leadership.
Specifically, the Watch Analyst supports the OIP mission by providing watch and intelligence and alert functions responsible for producing actionable intelligence, i.e. information that can lead to stopping an event by apprehending terrorists during the event-planning stages. The Watch Analyst will support the NICC Watch locations during steady state and incident operations to maintain operational awareness of the nation’s critical infrastructures and key resources.
The Watch Analyst will also assist the Assistant Senior Watch Officer (ASWO) and Project Manager in driving innovation across the program, while carrying forth these efforts in accordance with the company's mission, values, culture, policies and procedures and strategy set forth by the CEO and assigned by the Project Manager through the management team.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Follows up reports with meaningful interaction with appropriate government and other contractor representatives.
- Works closely with private industry and/ or other government agencies to gain necessary information and directs personnel to appropriate action with regard to information generation and other communication priorities.
- Coordinate with the National Operations Center (NOC), Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP), other government agencies and CIKR owners and operators.
- Participate in tests and exercises to maintain preparedness and improve coordination; supervise others actions during exercises and provide feedback and after action reporting.
- During incidents, triage information from a variety of resources and conducts initial analysis of the incidents and events.
- During major incidents or events, collect and review input to national-level situational awareness.
- Serve as a 24x7 customer service interface for CIKR partners by collecting (via email and phone), tracking, and facilitating responses to requests for information and assistance.
- Conduct daily teleconferences with CIKR stakeholders.
- Provide access to approved DHS Situation reports, bulletins, press releases, and other important documents to serve industry partner’s continuity-of-business information needs.