Halfaker has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer (Java EE) to join our talented, dynamic team and support the Cargo Systems Program Office (CSPO) of the US Customs & Border Protection Agency (CBP). The ideal candidate will have hands on experience developing enterprise applications using agile software development methodology such as Scrum and Java Open source technologies using the Atlassian tool suite and experience with web services, data exchange protocols, business rules, workflows, batch processing, and data conversion tools. Candidates familiar with SAFe concepts such as ART, HIP, and RTE for managing large-scale agile implementations are highly preferred.
- Identifies, analyzes, defines, and coordinates user, customer, and stakeholder needs and translates them into technical requirements
- Manages technical resources (hardware, software, licenses, and services). Plans and leads transformation initiatives to new software architectures
- Supports the Project Manager as the technical team lead on the project. Leads software design and development teams
- Identifies gaps in requirements and solves problems for the supporting staff
- Identifies sequencing of services and technologies that are integrated in later phases of the project
- Participate in daily Scrum meetings and weekly Scrum-of-Scrums
- Work with other contractor and Government teams to develop and document system architecture in compliance with established standards