Halfaker has an immediate opportunity for a Junior Data Engineer with advanced Excel and report-writing expertise to join our talented, dynamic team and support the U.S. Army Office of Small Business Programs.
The data analyst will support the OSBP mission in two ways: (1) Produce easy-to-read, informative reports on small business participation in Army contracting by collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the Federal Procurement Data System, as well as other sources, (2) Create data-driven reports and articles for both internal use and publication in the Army Small Business Connection Magazine and on the official Army OSBP website.
This is a highly visible and exciting role interfacing with senior leadership of the military, Department of Defense, civilian agencies, and both small and large business contractors. Due to high visibility and often quick turnaround time for client requests, the ideal candidate will be a highly organized, efficient worker who is able to produce accurate deliverables under pressure.
- Research and provide daily reports on small business procurement data using the Federal Procurement Data System and other procurement data sources
- Develop innovative data analysis tools that provide insight into Army small business procurement
- Work with other federal agencies to develop standards and best practices for analyzing small business procurement data
- Produce documentation on web-based applications and data tools
- Spearhead technology innovation at OSBP and assist less experienced technology users