Halfaker is seeking a Senior Proposal Writer to join our talented, dynamic team. The Senior Proposal Writer will provide technical proposal writing and proposal management, when needed. The Proposal Writer will be responsible for establishing efficient proposal materials for the Company, including writing winning proposals, collaborating with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop compelling proposal content. The Senior Proposal Writer will be responsible for collaborating with SMEs across practice areas to write win strategies, flesh out and refine technical solutions, and develop management, past performance, and staffing volumes for rebids and new, competitive federal government proposal efforts. The Senior Proposal Writer will work closely with the Senior Proposal Manager, CEO, and the responsible technical staff. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with high energy, have strong organizational and writing skills, and have the ability to operate effectively in complex and fast-paced environments.
- Serves as a member of the Business Development and Marketing Department with responsibility for writing and editing Federal Government proposals.
- Specifically writes non-technical portions of proposals (resumes, past performance, management sections, quality assurance, transition plan, etc.).
- Develops and maintains proposal boilerplate to include technical, management, resumes, past performance, and quality plans
- Coordinates and edits technical inputs for grammar and clarity.
- Revises and improves technical content prepared by operations for bids.
- Manages distribution of technical portions to authors and creating a consolidated technical approach section
- Interfaces with subject matter experts (SME) authors in the writing and editing of proposals/responses
- Provides oversight and management of proposals, including providing guidance and direction to technical staff
- Leads/participates in team working sessions including vision, solution, and messaging
- Works with Capture Managers to ensure that proposal text is produced on schedule and win strategies, themes, and discriminators are integrated into proposal responses.
- Ensures proposal compliance for responsible sections (including the editorial guidelines specified for the proposal)
- Maintains a status record and master file on the share drive for all text and graphics; and for managing the file server environment during and after proposal development.