The Senior Application Developer is responsible for supporting our client through the continued software development, software integration and testing, system administration, and end user services for the Government owned software tools.
Specifically, the Senior Application Developer will be responsible for creating strategies for developing web based applications to ensure objectives have been properly defined and that the solution(s) will satisfy the customer’s requirement.
The Senior Application Developer will provide expert advice and assistance in creating or modifying software code in alignment with enterprise architecture, best business practices, related technologies, and the target deployment environment. This subject matter expert shall follow direction in evaluating alternative approaches and selecting optimal approaches to design, code, test, debug and document software.
The position may require some customer facing activities as needed. Applicants must have a demonstrated track record of reliability, self-directed work, and solid attendance.
The Senior Application Developer will primarily be located in Rosslyn but may require travel to the Pentagon and Navy Yard.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Participates in stakeholder and product owner meetings as a development lead to review / clarify software requirements in order to maintain / enhance systems.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Leads and consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in daily stand-up meetings and code reviews
- Provides accurate time/resource estimates for assigned tasks while identifying potential risk and mitigation